5 Bad Blogging Habits




I haven't blogged in a while. I have a few excuses, but none enough to justify why I haven't- basically I'm lazy. In honour of me being a bad blogger, I have decided to talk about a few habits bloggers pick up that I think should be avoided.

1. Not posting regularly- ie. me! Always!

2. Trying to impress everyone else more than write about things that you enjoy or relate to you in that moment. It's easy to tell when someone has just compiled a post because they feel the have to. That's part of the reason I've left it a while. Yes, I'm lazy, but if I'm not in the mood, the post will just be bad.

3. Typing up a blog post just before you want to post it- like I'm doing right now. I feel like I'm not going to check it properly and all my grammar is going to be wrong! :(

4. Not checking everything is spelt correctly. I think it's important that you check your blog posts for mistakes just so it doesn't look like you were rushing it and so that it's clear and easy to follow.

5. Not having a log of ideas for new blog posts- sometimes you do get writer's block. If you have a list of post titles or ideas, then you can work out from that which you would like to talk about. It might even help you think of a new idea.

BONUS. Not replying to any comments. Not only do I think this is a bit rude, but also I think it just gives the impression you're not bothered. In reality, every blogger wants someone to read their posts so at least reply to some of the comments (or all if you can!).

Comments

Popular Posts