5 Things to do the Night Before Your Interview

Stressful people waiting for job interview

Interviews are definitely the worst part about looking for a job. It is difficult to know how much information to take with you, what to wear, what to say or how to act. However, I believe people work themselves up too much about them. Just believe in yourself, do your best and whatever happens, you can be happy with yourself.

That being said, I thought I would do a blog post letting you know 5 things I do the night before an Interview. I find the night before the interview the worst, so I always make sure to do these things:
  1. Get together all the information- I like to take a small folder of things to my interviews. I take in a few notes about the company, my CV, my passport and driving license, and if you have any reference letters or information, you should take that too. 
  2. Do a better night routine- So this makes me feel better about myself, therefore making me feel more confident for the interview. I like to shower, do a face/hair mask, cleanse/exfoliate my face, moisturise my full body and file all my nails. 
  3. Prepare for the morning- By this I mean set out the clothes you are going to wear and set out all your skincare/make up. 
  4. Chill out- Watch some TV, read a book, surf the web. Whatever you do to relax, do it. It will make you less stressed out the less you think about it just before bed. 
  5. Get an early night- I usually like to go to bed at around 9.30pm, 10pm at the latest, before an interview. This is just to make sure I get enough sleep and I am refreshed in the morning.
Obviously none of these things are guaranteed to make you feel better about your interview, but I find they help me. 

Please make sure you remember that even if you happen to not get the job from your interview, it was good experience! Be sure to get feedback from your interviewer when they call you if you have not been selected, then you can use that advice in your next interview. 

Comments

Popular Posts